Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Energy Audit Update

Back in May I wrote about having a home energy audit. Based on recommendations from the audit, I had additional insulation put in my attic and basement. Actually what I had in the attic and basement before had such a low R value that I should say I put in insulation instead of adding it.

Based on some calculation from the audit, I was told this would pay for itself in 2-1/2 years. I think they must have been talking about if I had paid the full $726 instead of the $236 it cost after the $500 rebate. Why? Because I have already saved $80 since the insulation was installed in June. At this rate, I'll break even in less than 12 months.

As I said in May, if you haven't had an energy audit, why not get one?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home