Sunday, June 25, 2006

Over 100 and still counting

Earlier in the month I reported that I was almost done with planting perennials and annuals in my yard. At that time, the count was over 80. It's now up to over 100.

This is a direct result of my Saturday morning trips to the Farmer's Market in the Court Avenue district of downtown Des Moines. I have discovered a particular vendor who sells 4" pots of perennials and annuals for $2.00 each! Tell me, how can a gardener pass this up?

Each weekend I find myself coming home with 4-5 more plants. The landscaped area in my front yard is filling up nicely. And, it's hard to believe that I am running out of room (it is a big area).

After having such a dry June, it's been raining a lot this weekend. Seems to start up every time I plan to go outside and plant my flowers. No complaints--rain is good for the lawn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home