Sunday, June 04, 2006

Nishiki Willow

Today I finally set my mind to digging a hole on the south side of my porch near the steps. My original plan was to plant a hollyberry bush. However, as I was digging, I realized that the soil is moist and wasn't sure the hollyberry was a good idea. (It was wise that I hadn't purchased one.)

So, with a hole that was large enough and the right distance from porch and steps, I set off to Earle May to buy a bush.

I searched out Gary (the manager) for some shrub advice and my suspicions where confirmed that the hollyberry bush was not the best choice. Instead, Gary showed me a Nishiki Willow and I decided to go for it.

When I got the shrub home, I realized that the hole I dug was too small and close to the house for this new shrub.

After a few futile attemps at digging more, I decided to call my friend Chris M. (not to be confused with Chris C, or Iowa City Chris). Fortunately, he was in the neighborhood. I am always amazed at how men can get these things done in...say 10-15 minutes that would take me much longer.

It felt great looking at my new Nishiki Willow shrub in a space that earlier had been empty and covered with rocks. I sure hope it takes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home