Wednesday, May 31, 2006

A New 'do

After a few fruitless attempts to get my hairstylist to consider altering my bob (which I was starting to feel looked a bit too harsh fon me), I was motivated to change salons. The last visit where I got a cut and color and was unhappy with both sealed the deal.

It was a true moment of providence when I jetted to an East Village coffeehouse for my daily dose of espresso and passed Salon W. I wandered in and the vibe reminded me of the salon I went to in Atlanta (Van Michael). I had discovered the Van Michael Salon a few months before I moved back to Iowa. How terrible it was to have a taste of the good life--as far as hair experiences go--and then have to leave it behind!

Turns out that China Wong, Salon W's owner, used to work at Van Michael. Shauna did the color and Kal cut my hair. China heard me talking about Van Michael and we both reminisced about our time in Atlanta (loved the city, hated the traffic). Click on the link I embedded in China's name--she doesn't look like what you think someone with the name "China Wong" would look like.

So, back to my hair...After Shauna's masterful coloring job and Kal's restyling, well, I feel like a new woman. And that is just what I needed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home