Sunday, September 03, 2006

My Flight IS Booked

I just booked the flight for my trip to Atlanta on November 2-9. I got a great rate from Midwest Airlines for $208 ($246 total with applicable "fees"). The flight will connect in Milwaukee at Mitchell International. The last time I flew through Milwaukee was when I was a child. I'm sure a lot has changed since then when it was called Mitchell Field.

I'm always glad when I don't have to connect through O'Hare and Minneapolis. The odds have not been in my favor with these airports. More often than not I have encountered delays. The most disappointing one was through Mnpls several years ago when delays caused me to miss my nephew's wedding rehearsal dinner.

So, now that the flight is set (and it cost me only half of what I had budgeted) excitement has set in.

One of the things I wanted to do when I lived in Georgia was go up into the mountains. This trip will take me to Clayton, Georgia for the weekend at a mountain retreat. Clayton is in the Northeast corner of the state.

I fly into Atlanta on Thursday and will head up to Clayton the next day and come back Sunday. Then I'll spend a couple days kicking around Atlanta before I fly back to Iowa. My friend Caroline will be putting me up at her house while I'm in Atlanta.

My list of things I really want to do while I am there include:
- Seeing my friends
- Visiting the Atlanta Botanical Gardens
- Visiting the CNN headquarters
- Eating at Vortex, R. Thomas, and the Flying Bisquit
- Visiting the Carter Center area (I love that part of the City)
- Whatever else I can fit in

One thing I hope to avoid when I am in Atlanta--traffic! I'll have to schedule my days and routes accordingly. ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home