Monday, January 15, 2007

Bifocals

Around this time last year I was getting my new glasses--bifocals. It was a hard pill to swallow and I got the kind with the invisible lines.

I had heard all sorts of stories and opinions on bifocals from other friends of mine who had passed the 40-year mark. Many of which never adjusted and went back to "regular" glasses. It took me about a week to adjust. I loved them and found myself reading again. Reading a lot.

The glasses are also the kind with the invisible frames. Over time, the lenses started having little stress fractures in them. It finally got to the point where I couldn't see out of the perimeter where all the little cracks were. So, I took the glasses in and was told the lenses would be replaced (free of cost).

A few weeks later, I got the call that my new lenses were in. Initially, the glasses seemed fine in the store. But when I got home and cozied up to read, something was wrong with the right lens. I lived with the problem for two weeks before I decided it wasn't me. Before I got the new glasses, I could read. Now, it was hard to read because something was not right with the right lens.

So, I took the glasses back with my explanation that something was wrong with the right lens. Was it a bifocal? It didn't seem like one. After the technician looked at my lens, he said that there was something wrong and he ordered me a new one.

Here I am with my love of reading alive again and it's all because of bifocals. I'm glad my first pair were correct and I realized that I wasn't reading because I couldn't see as well. I can't wait for my new lens to come so I can read with comfort again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home