Monday, December 24, 2007

The Alchemist

Every morning I go to a local coffeehouse for my jolt of java to bring to work. One of the barristas is this nice engineering student that I frequently converse with as I am waiting for my coffee to brew. I can't remember what we were talking about, but the end result was he recommended a book, "The Alchemist" by Paulo Coelho.

That day on my lunch hour I bought a copy of the book. I never see the barrista outside of the coffeehouse. But that day, as I was walking back to work, I saw him and flashed the book at him. He was happy to see I had purchased and that in itself gave me a good feeling.

The book is great and I wanted to share his suggestion to read it. I am struck by how appropriate it was that I saw him right after I purchased the book. Those of you who have read it will understand this.

Paulo Coelho
has written many books that are about people's journeys with wisdom, faith, courage, forgiveness, redemption, love, hope, temptation and obsession. "The Alchemist" is the story of a shepherd's journey to wisdom.

1 Comments:

At 6:52 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Coelho rocks! Also give 11 Minutes, and Manual of the Warrior of Light a read.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home