Sunday, July 01, 2007

The Flood

The place where I am living in Iowa City had a water issue last Friday. Pretty much all of my stuff that was on the floor was submersed in 2 inches of water--this included filled boxes from moving. As a result, life has been a little chaotic this past week and I have a lot of stuff drying out.

The rooms that didn't get water were the two bedrooms, bathroom and hallway to the bathroom. I was blissfully ignorant about the situation until the toilet didn't flush and I walked into the kitchen/greatroom/living room (around 6:45AM). I went from confusion to shock in a few seconds.

I called my landlord (and friend) Dwight from my cell phone. He was over in a few minutes. We both missed work that day.

All the water was pumped out by 11AM and the cleanup ensued. The stuff that got wet is just that, stuff. However, I did have some emotional moments with wet photo albums. Note: wet Polaroids do not make it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home