Wednesday, March 22, 2006

New Orleans Benefit Album

Last weekend I signed up for Borders Rewards (since I seem to spend money there on a monthly basis) and got a nice discount off my purchase. And, unlike a lot of rewards programs, this one is free. Best Buy could learn something from Borders.

In addition to the "Better Homes and Gardens New Garden Book", I purchased "Our New Orleans 2005: A Benefit Album". Net proceeds from this compilation are donated to Habitat for Humanity to aid those affected by Hurricane Katrina. Whether you want to do a good deed and/or just enjoy a variety of great music from New Orleans, I highly recommend this CD featuring Beausoleil, Dirty Dozen Brass Band, Preservation Hall Jazz Band, Buckwheat Zydeco, Dr. John, Wild Magnolias, Allen Toussaint and others.

1 Comments:

At 12:59 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have that album too! But I like Putumayo New Orleans better...

jla

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home